This is my today’s lesson. When you read any English material, don’t just go through it, learn every sentence structure. What is the full meaning of these sentences. What if I remove a part of the sentence?
What if I had to make a question?
Always follow these practice while doing practice. Learn sentences that you do not understand well.
Here, I’m giving you certain sentence formation that you will find quite often in Academic Reading. I’m also trying to include the basic understanding of these sentences. It may help you find the answers.
Learn the meaning with comma
1. The most common procedure of doing this salary negotiations, the act of communication intended to reach an agreement about pay rates.
Ok, the phrase after comma (,) literally explains what is word/phrase before comma.
What does the following sentence mean?
2. First developed by the Mughal Emperor in the year 1788, it is one of the most artistic cities that has developed into one of nation’s major industrial, cultural and business centres.
– It was first developed by Mughal Emperor in the year 1788
– It is one of the most artistic cities
– This city has developed into one of nation’s major
1) industrial centre
2) cultural centre
3) business centre
Can you see how different words are attached to each other?
3. Several countries, including China, India and the Philippines, are expected to present high rates of growth in demand for power, an encouraging situation for those countries fast enough to develop and sell fuel cell technology.
I have included a simple follow up exercise to help you understand more. The real IELTS questions will be more difficult than these. These are just for your simple understanding.
Identify the following information as TRUE, FALSE or NOT GIVEN?
(i) China is expected to present high rates of growth in demand for power.
(ii) The Philippines is estimated to demonstrate higher rates of growth in demand for power as compared to India.
4. However, the ocean are not one dimensional, and recent work by oceanographers, using a new technique which takes into account a number of minor details of the sea – including vast and complex ocean currents – suggest that a rise in sea levels may be less than many other estimates had predicted.
Answer these questions based on above statement. TRUE/FALSE/NOT GIVEN
In new work, Oceanographers adopted a method in which ocean currents were not taken into consideration.
If I’ve helped you with this post, please share it with your friends and colleagues.